Our Response to COVID-19
Last updated: 16/08/2021
Our commitment to safety:
As announced by NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian, the Greater Sydney lockdown has been extended until Saturday 28th of August. In line with updated government restrictions, non-urgent maintenance may resume with new conditions for zero contact with residents, and only for properties outside of the restricted LGAs: Bayside, Blacktown, Burwood, Campbelltown, Canterbury-Bankstown, Cumberland, Fairfield, Georges River, Liverpool, Parramatta, Strathfield, and some suburbs of Penrith.
To ensure contactless arrangements we will require either of the following:
- All household members vacate the property while the tradesperson completes work inside. Household members are able to sit in external areas of their home or apartment common areas while the tradies work.
- All household members remain in a separate enclosed room in the property to where the tradesperson is working.
During this period, Upkeep+ will still be available to provide emergency repairs across Greater Sydney to ensure the health, safety and security of you and your family. This includes within the restricted LGAs listed above.
Upkeep+ is committed to protecting the health and safety of our customers and staff. We believe in being transparent and we want to share the protocols we are following to minimise everyone’s potential risk of exposure to COVID-19 once we are able to provide our services again. In conjunction with the safety measures outlined, we strongly support our staff and trade partners to be vaccinated as soon as possible.
Safety measures our Upkeep+ inspectors and trades will take:
- Stay at home if they are not well and seek medical advice.
- Practice responsible hygiene including wearing a face mask, covering coughs and sneezes and frequently washing hands and/or using hand sanitiser.
- Advise customers to reschedule their inspections and jobs to a later date if they:
- Are not comfortable with tradies entering their home during this lockdown period; or
- Are feeling unwell with flu-like symptoms; or
- Are a potential COVID-19 contact; or
- Have vulnerable household members.
- Not shake hands and use hand sanitiser before and after every job.
- Always wear a face mask.
- Practice social distancing, maintaining a 2-metre distance from customers and ensure customers refrain from entering a 2-metre distance of their workspace.
- Ensure zero contact with household residents while work is being conducted.
What you can expect for your scheduled inspection or job:
As per NSW government guidelines, tradies can still carry out work on your property as long as all parties adhere to the appropriate rules. Here is what to expect and your responsibilities for any upcoming inspection and jobs:
Our inspector will contact you prior to your inspection to obtain confirmation that you are comfortable with them attending. If not, feel free to re-schedule to a later date.
24 hours before your inspection or job, you will receive a text SMS and must confirm that all household occupants are feeling healthy, are not close contacts and are happy to proceed.
Upon arrival, greet your inspector or tradie at the door but always remain a safe ‘social distance’ of 2 metres and avoid shaking hands. Our inspector and tradies will wear a mask at all times and bring alcohol-based hand sanitiser to use before and after every job.
During the inspection or job, zero contact must be maintained. Household residents must either vacate the premises and wait in external areas (max. 5 people) or stay in an enclosed room (max. 2 people) while our tradesperson is on-site.
We recommend after the inspection or job to disinfect all surfaces, as necessary.
After the inspection or job, if you feel unwell or test positive for COVID-19, please let us know immediately.
During this time of uncertainty, we are committed to keeping you and your home safe and well-maintained. We are working hard to continue providing you with updated information and the best possible support during this period. We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding.